Sunday 25 May 2014

Strawberry cake with mirror glaze

 A simple cake using a sponge, cream and chocolate glaze with strawberries to decorate.
I find this easy to make and it looks amazing.
Here is my simple step by step tutorial so you can make one too.
 
 
For a 7 inch sponge you will need:
 
3 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
1/2.Tsp vanilla extract
 
3 egg whites
70g caster sugar
 
90g plain flour
 
30g melted butter
 
For a picture tutorial method click here
 
 
 
Cut you sponge into 3 layers and fill with fruits and cream.
 
I used 500ml of cream and 2 Tbsp of icing sugar for this cake.
 And lots of strawberries for the filling and to decorate.
 
 
Prepare Chocolate mirror glaze, recipe here
 
Below is the picture tutorial how I assembled the cake.
Hope you like it and post me a photo on my Face book page at Mandy's baking journey if you have made one. I be happy to hear from you
 
 
Here is a short video to show you how I make the dripping effects.
 






 




7 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing. Doesn't seem like an easy cake. Will try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ernesta, its isn't difficult. Do try it and let me know how you got on by posting me a message on my fb baking page.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm mmm oooooo yummo....looks so delish.....mouth watering now im hungry going to give ur recipe ago mmmmm cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to try this. But how to decorate it with chocolate double cream? How do you make it chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have posted a step by step on how to make the chocolate rosettes on my Facebook page.

      Delete
  4. Mind to share what kind of cream you are using ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cream alternative, whipping cream.

      Delete