Sunday 20 July 2014

Modelling chocolates

 
 
Modelling chocolates, it's very delicious and so versatile that you can make anything out of it like fondant. I decide to learn how to make this as I am a cream cake hobby maker. Other than fresh fruits, I wanted to make something different to decorate my cakes with.

Here is the recipe broken down into smaller batches easier for me to work with.

Ingredients:
113g dark chocolate
50g golden syrup (original recipe calls for light corn syrup but I haven't been able to find them in the shops)

Method:
Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, warm up the syrup in a jug.
Pour syrup into the melted chocolate and then fold gently. Keep folding until it comes together. The mixture will be stiff and like sugar paste. Once it's all combined, wrap with cling film and leave overnight to firm up.
When you're ready to use it, knead until smooth so you can start moulding it.

Here's the original recipe link for modelling chocolate http://cakesdecor.com/entries/10-modelling-chocolate-uk-recipe-and-tutorial


Here is the tutorial for the chocolate roses I made http://youtu.be/D48SIvhYH8o


Hope you will give this a go and it's not too hard just need a little patient.


No comments:

Post a Comment