Sunday 20 July 2014

Ombré Blueberry Cheesecake (non bake)

Ombré Blueberry Cheesecake (non bake)
 
 
 
Line the base of an 8 inch spring form baking tin.
 
 
Biscuits base:

150g digestive biscuits
75g melted butter
 
Crush biscuits and mix melted butter, press firmly on the base of the cake tin, chill in fridge.
 
 
Cheesecake mixture:

300g cream cheese
3x 100g blueberry Greek style yoghurt.
(The Greek style yoghurt I used has a separate serving of blueberry sauce, I reserved 1 tbsp for the swirls on the top for deco)
10g gelatine soak with 50g water, dissolve; set aside.
100g icing sugar
 
Method:
 
Beat icing sugar and cream cheese together.
Mix the yoghurt (if you are using the ones with the blueberry sauce as a separate serving)
 

Whisk in the dissolved gelatine into yoghurt.
Add cream cheese into the yoghurt and whisk to combine.

 
Split the mixture into two portions, add 1 tsp (or more) of purple food colour to make one portion for a deeper colour.
Take cake tin out the fridge.
Pour the deeper colour cheese mixture into the tin and smooth out.
 

Pour the lighter coloured mixture on and smooth out, you can put it in a piping bag and pipe over. I find it defines the layers without moving the bottom layer when smoothing out.
 
*if you are making this in warmer climates. You might find the cream cheese mixture runny, for each layer freeze slight to avoid the colours melting into each other. The weather in uk is still cool so my mixture was very thick as soon as I added the gelatine.
 
Cream for top layer:
200ml heavy cream or use non dairy cream.
1 tbsp icing sugar
(Once whipped, reserve 50g for piping shells around the cheesecake)
 
 
Pipe onto the top of the cheese mixture and smooth out.
 
 
Using the reserved tbsp of blueberry sauce, drop dots over the cream and swirl with a cocktail stick.
Chill the cheesecake in fridge over night or at least 4-6 hours.
Release the cheesecake and using the reserved cream pipe shells around the cheesecake.
Video for piping shells you can find here
 

 
Recipe & photos by Mandy @ Mandy's baking journey. If you are sharing this recipe on groups or for your page/blog, please could you kindly add a link for this post or credit me to show your appreciation.
 

3 comments:

  1. You had me at non bake. I'm falling fast for that recipe of yours because of my undying love cheesecakes. Haha! The pictures all look so decadent. I'm sure it tastes divine. I hope I can follow your recipe, correctly. Haha! Thank you for sharing!

    Lisa Thompson @ Controlled Color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mandy....m in love with your baking....you are superb....I had a question. ...I don't have blueberry greek yoghurt but have frozen blueberries. ...then how do I go about it....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, Mandy!
    it is so tasty and easy to make!
    Do you any special cake related with chinese new year theme,please?

    ReplyDelete