Sunday 20 July 2014

Orange Madeleines

Orange madeleine's
 
You will need a Madeleine cake tin, grease and dust with flour.
You can get 12-14 small madeleine's with this recipe. I have got my tin from Daiso in Malaysia.

Preheat the oven 190c.
 
Ingredients:

65g soft butter
65g caster sugar
65g plain flour
1 egg
Zest of an orange
 
Method:


Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and whisk to combine.
Add the zest and fold in flour 3 stages until combined.
Spoon 2/3 of batter into the mould.
Bake for 10 minutes and it should spring back when you touch it.
Now take it out the oven immediately.

Tap upside down and they should fall out easily.
Cool on wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
It's really that simple!
 
 
My findings:
I've tried beating the egg and sugar method, fold in flour and add melted butter last. It came out very nice but too fluffy.
Madeleine is a small butter cake and it should be dense so therefore I find that creaming butter and sugar does give it a better texture.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi mandy..I just loved ur b'day cake.. saw it on fb...It was just osm looking. ..mandy, can u plz guide me how can I make this madeleines eggless? Tia

    ReplyDelete