Friday 24 October 2014

Genoise sponge recipe

Genoise sponge

This is one of my favourite sponge I use for most of my cakes.
 It uses the whole egg method and does not need baking powder as the eggs are beaten to ribbon stage, the air helps hold the sponge during baking.
Here's a video clip to show you what the egg and sugar mix to ribbon stage looks like here

 
The recipe below can be used in an 8 inch cake tin, bake at 25 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
This is for a 7 inch cake tin.




6 comments:

  1. How to convert grams to cup? Because I measure cup wise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are a lot of online conversions on googles that you can use

      Delete
  2. I want to make a 11inch cake. How do I scale up the ingredients? Can I double all ingredients? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would bake twice and use the 4 egg recipe so that you get 2 layers for each bake. If you try baking one 11 inch sponge you might have a denser sponge.

      Delete
  3. Hello Mandy,
    So I don't have to seperate the egg whites and yolks and blend seperately? I just mix them alltogether and blend? Thank you~ Noor Othman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy,

    I used the above method but the sponge cake is dry. Do you put brush sugar syrup on the layer cake before frosting? Is it compulsory to do in order to attain soft cake?

    ReplyDelete